To get you started, we have outlined few basics of Student Visa process.
What is Visa?
VISA is an approval that grants you the permission to travel to other countries and also defines your status in that country. There are 2 main kinds of Visas - Immigrant Visa and Non-Immigrant Visa.
If you are planning to migrate or settle down permanently in a particular country of which you are not currently a citizen, you require the Immigrant Visa. The Non-Immigrant Visa is a temporary Visa, which does not permit you to become a citizen of that country, but you can visit that country for a specified time. A student is required to apply for a Non-Immigrant Visa..
Student Visas are issued for the period it takes to complete your course of study program.
- Admission in a recognized University.
- Provision of fees.
- Financial capacity to meet lodging and boarding expenses.
- Ties - financial and family, to make the student return to the home country
Visa requirements for USA
Visa Application Fee
Create a profile www.ustraveldocs.com.
Complete the DS- 160 Visa application form at www.ceac.state.gov. The form must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview. The barcode number on the form DS - 160 confirmation page is required to book your interview.
Before confirming a visa interview appointment online, you need to pay the visa application fee which can be paid by IMPS or NEFT or Cash over Counter (Axis Bank and Citibank)
Proceed to schedule two appointments.
First, schedule your visa interview appointment at the Embassy or Consulate. Second, schedule your Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) appointment. OFC appointment must be scheduled at least one day before the interview appointment date at the Embassy or Consulate.
List of Documents required in original for Student Visa
- Passport should be valid for at least six months.
- Visa fee receipt, DS-160 confirmation page and interview appointment letter.
- Form I-20 in original, approved and signed by the University authority.
- Relevant test scores e.g. GRE & TOEFL or SAT / GMAT
- Original printout of receipt of SEVIS fee paid of $ 200 (non-refundable).
- Original degree certificates along with mark sheets of previous institutions (10th, 12th & Bachelors).
- Experience Certificates from the previous and current employer if any.
- Evidence of financial resources proof of liquid assets sufficient to pay for First year of education.
- Living expenses as well as proof of readily available funds to cover the remaining year(s) of studies.
- An F-1 applicant must have evidence of funds to meet all expenses for the first year of study.
- That barring unforeseen circumstances adequate funds will be available for each year of study.
Visa requirements for UK
The application form needs to be filled online on UKVI
List of Documents required in original from student for UK student Visa.
- CAS letter
- Duly filled & signed online VAF 9 Visa Application form.
- All your original academic documents starting from 10th std. to the recently completed qualification.
- TB Clearance certificate from the approved Doctors and Chest X- ray.
- 2 ecent passport- sized color photographs in white background.
- Full face without sunglass & both ears should be visible.
- Visa application fees of Rs. 32,550/- (Cash) + Rs.500/- (for SMS, Courier).
- Evidence of the required available funds.
- Original Passport with a photo copy.
Visa requirements for Canada
List of documents to be submitted along with the completed student application form
- Official letter of acceptance from Canadian University.
- Community College or technical institute.
- Original Passport, which must be valid for at least 1 year for entry to Canada.
- Copy of IELTS or TOEFL scores as applicable.
- Copy of all academic documents and work experience certificates.
- Non-refundable Visa processing fee.
- Receipt of payment of first-semester tuition fee. A copy of GIC (Guaranteed Investment Certificate).
- To cover the first year's living expenses. GIC is mandatory for the SPP visa application.
- You can also show education loan sanction letter equivalent to CAD 10000 for the living expenses.
- if you are applying for Study Permit for Universities.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Medical examination receipt - You may take upfront medicals from the designated medical .
- practitioner of Canadian high commission. The receipt of this medical examination should be.
- Submitted along with the visa application. The reports will directly be sent to High Commission.
- There is gap of 7 days between medical examination and visa application submission.
Please note: A certified translation must accompany any document which is not in English or French.
If you want to study in Quebec, you must obtain a Certificate of Acceptance (CAQ) from the Quebec government in addition to the student authorization. The CAQ applications are available at the CEC and from the institutions in Quebec. Full-time International students are permitted to work on campus (20 hours per week).
Visa requirements for Australia
Visa requirements for New Zealand
You will only be issued a study visa if you have enrolled in an approved course at an institution or establishment, which is accredited to offer it.
Documents needed for visa application
- Main visa Application form INZ-1012 , Student Visa Declaration form INZ 1226
- Supplementary information form duly filled. Main visa Application form INZ-1012.
- Student Visa Declaration form INZ 1226 and supplementary information form duly filled.
- Two recent passport sized photographs should be affixed to the Visa application form.
- Visa Application Fee.
- TT Services fee.
- Original Passport.
- Offer of place.
- Covering Letter.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Financial Documents like Education Loan Sanction Letter
- Bank Balance Certificate and statements, etc.
- Affidavit of Support from Sponsor. Affidavit of Support from Sponsor.
- Income Tax Returns for last three years of Sponsor.
- Proof of Business like VAT registration Certificate of Parents business.
- Financial undertaking form for a student INZ 1014.
- ID Proof of Sponsors.
- Academic Documents. Academic Documents.
- Evidence of English language ability-IELTS Score Card.
- Employment documents/ work experience certificate along with salary statements, if applicable.
- Police Clearance Certificate (Original).
- Full Medical Certificates and TB Screening Report from approved panel Doctor.
- for list of panel doctors, please check here
- Any other documents to help correct Visa Assessment on the case to case basis.
- Updated resume.
If you intend to study for the course duration of less than or equal to one academic year, you will need
- Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for the entire course duration
- NZ$ 15,000 towards living expenses in New Zealand.
If you intend to study in New Zealand for the course duration longer than one academic year
- Documentary evidence of funds for tuition fee for one academic year
- NZ$ 15,000 per annum towards living expenses in New Zealand
- Payment plan to show that you have access to funds and can meet the rest of the course.
- To show cost and living expenses in New Zealand.
*Please note that land documents and property valuation will not be accepted as the payment plan.
Acceptable Evidence of Funds
- Education Loan Sanction Letter from a nationalized or multinational bank only.
- Latest Saving Bank account statements for the past six months.
- It should not be more than one week old at the time of lodgement of the application.
- Fixed Deposits.
- PPF/ PF/ GPF Withdrawal amount.
- Post Office Accounts.
- National Saving Certificates, KVP, MIS.
What is Funds Transfer Scheme?
The student will need to transfer at least 12 months living expenses (NZD 15000) to a bank account in NZ, ANZ Bank, in addition to paying the tuition fee for one year.
The amount deposited in the bank is locked for 12 months and then drip fed to the student on a prearranged basis after the AIP (Approval in Principal) is received. The Student will get NZ $ 1250 per month for their Living expenses in New Zealand.